During the unprecedented situation businesses are facing as a result of COVID-19 many companies and industries are facing economic uncertainties. In response to this, we have launched a rapid innovation project for ocean sector companies to grow their data capabilities and position themselves to use machine learning, artificial intelligence or data visualization projects in the future.
To qualify your company must be a small or medium sized ocean-sector related business with limited access to digital subject matter expertise. Specifically, the company:
- Must be a company operating within the ocean supply chain.
- Has limited capacity internally and can advance the capacity of the organization to advance their digital readiness
- Is not yet collecting data but data is crucial to the company’s future or the company is collecting data but in a manner that restricts or limits the ability to complete more advanced AI/ML or visualizations
- Will provide domain and organizational subject matter expertise to support the student to access current data and systems
- Will provide access to data sources associated information required to complete the project
- Will provide a resource to answer on-going project questions and participate in weekly or bi-weekly project status meetings
- Must benefit from design output to help the company improve the way it uses data
Through engaging with a Data Analytics Readiness Project, your company will benefit from DeepSense expertise and complimentary student workers. What you can expect from us:
- Matching with a co-op or internship student(s) (maximum of two per company, students funded by DeepSense)
- Support with the scoping and design of your project
- Participation in bi-weekly meetings to ensure projects meet milestones and deliverables
- Engagement from an institutional subject matter expert
Company applications open April 13th and will be taken as a rolling intake. Proposals should be for a 5 – 16 week project. Projects will be reviewed based on their individual merit and criteria including time to impact, significance of impact, and probability of future DeepSense initiatives.
We are interested in hearing from students from academic institutions who are looking for co-op or internship opportunities over the next few months.